Friday, September 19, 2008

First Fixed Ride

It was a wonderful ride into work this morning on the fixed commuter. Here it is gleaming in the morning sun a pace or two away from my work station. Today was the first time I have rode a fixed gear bike, more than around the block. I enjoyed the kinetic feedback from every little down hill slope. At the same time I know if I relax for just a moment while riding fixed the bike could gallop away from me in a hurry. I found myself rethinking the routes I commute considering the downhill distances and steepness. It is strange to ask myself, "Will I have enough power to pedal down this hill." If I could sum it up in a sentence it would be: To experience the efficiency of a bicycle ride it fixed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow Reese, that's intense on those Pullman hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool bro. I can't wait to give it a spin. Did you end up putting a flip/flop on the back. If so sent me a link, I need to do the same on my 84' Peugeot. P.S. we did our first practice night right last night...utter bliss!

    ReplyDelete